Visiting Cleveland - What to See and Do
(Cleveland Hopkins International Airport CLE, Ohio - OH, USA)
Cleveland's tourism industry is growing at a rapid pace and more and more visitors are coming here every year, drawn by its recently renovated waterfront areas, impressive shopping and interesting museums.
Cleveland is located on the shores of Lake Erie and its skyline has come to be dominated by attractive modern skyscrapers, a sign that this often overlooked city has begun to come into its own.
Ten things you must do in Cleveland
- Check out the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame and see memorabilia from all of rock's greatest legends.
- Learn something new at the Great Lakes Science Center which features more than 400 hands-on exhibits.
- Pay a visit to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, the highlight of which is a fascinating rain forest exhibit.
- Make your way to Terminal Tower for great shopping and amazing views; some people say you can see Canada from here on a clear day.
- Walk the city's streets and marvel at the atmosphere of rejuvenation that pervades the city of Cleveland.
- Tour the USS Cod, a decommissioned WWII submarine that is preserved in its original condition.
- Shop at West Side Market, one of the best places for fresh bread and produce in Cleveland.
- Stroll through Little Italy, peek into the galleries and enjoy some wonderful authentic Italian food.
- Browse through the excellent variety of Cleveland shops and boutiques or hunt for antiques in Lorain avenue.
- Indulge in some of the authentic ethnic cuisine available in the Ohio City and Lorain avenue areas.